Yes, I am open. Ask me anything (well, almost anything). My life has always pretty much been an open book and there has never been an issue I couldn't talk about with my family. That's just how we operate. And yes, there are things I do keep private - for myself and between myself and my husband or other family members. I guess the point of this blog is that it's just my random writings. It's sort of like journaling except that someday, I'd be the person to write some kind of memoir that's really supposed to be fiction. (You know the type.)
I love who I am, I have confidence in who I am and being a SAHM, this is part of my outlet. My skin is only so thick and to be told by someone that my blog is too revealing and unguarded, that I share too much -- well then just stop reading it. I ask this nicely. I can shrug it off the first time, but when you constantly stoke the fire (over months and months) I can't help but give a response. Therefore if you keep coming back to read then I don't know what to tell you. Maybe, secretly, you like reading it. (I could put a great simile here but I'll most likely catch flack for it later and I don't have the medicine to deal with that migraine)
Frankly, I don't understand what all the fuss is about - which posts irked you? was it the pregnancy puking? the sick kids? the small pockets of life's misery that I relay with my sense of sarcasm? the posts that conveyed a real person sits at this desk? if you only knew the kinds of things I could write about, you'd see this blog is pretty tame. If I only ever wrote about Roses, Rainbows, and my Pottery Barn couch then I'd be a fake. Just as much as you might not like my posts, I equally hate your facade that screams of Ward and the Beav -
To each his own, right?
spaghetti aglio e olio
2 weeks ago

The people who think you share "too much" are the people who are afraid of sharing their own thoughts and feelings. Ironically, those are the same people who i'm sure check your site quite often. They read and complain and come back again for more.
ReplyDeleteTo the offended:
If you have a problem reading anybody's blog, simply stop reading and don't expect the next blog to be different.
To Misty:
One thing I do love about you is your openness, something that i've never really been around. Being open makes me feel so much better and "free". I dont understand anymore on how people can hold things in, its actually sad.
Share all you want and who cares about what people think.
I LOVE YOU!
Hey Misty, I am not sure where the negative comments came from- so I don't know the whole story. But for the record:
ReplyDeleteI like checking in with your blog to
a. see pics of the boys
and
b. see what new fun template you are using.
Each and every blog is different, there are no set rules of blogging beyond basic ettiquette rules. Your blog does contain ramblings on occassion, but I find them humorous and very real. My blog is much more photo-heavy. I think I shall call it a phlog.
Just make like a duck and let it roll!
-Shay
Ha ha, Make like a duck and let it roll. My sister is too much sometimes. I will say though that I agree with her 100 percent, I like seeing the pics and reading up on the Dan OB's. Hope all is well and continue to be yourself!
ReplyDeleteMolly
Don't let them get you down Misty! They are just jealous that you actually have a life that you love...the good and the bad! :-)
ReplyDelete