Monday, March 2, 2009

Bloodwork

Today I had an appointment with my GP, Dr W. He's a godsend. It's comforting to have a doctor take me seriously regarding my "other symptoms" - ones that aren't necessarily a result of anything neurological or my medication. About five years ago I saw a GP through Group Health. She ordered bloodwork for my thyroid and found I had a TSH of .01. I am not even entirely sure the meaning of that but my new GP thinks it was worth ordering a complete thyroid work up today. My former GP tested my blood several times but never treated. I changed health insurances about 6 months after the last workup and never had my TSH checked again. Dr. W and I talked about my neuro meds too. He seemed well versed in Trigmenial Neuralgia and also ordered liver enzyme tests (since they haven't been done yet) as well as a test to measure the amount of carbamazepine in my system.

In the end it may be something or everything may be nothing. I will be curious to hear the results when they come back.

On another note, Friday I am visiting Dr. P's office to see Dr. M for removal of tooth #14. I am really glad I opted against getting the tooth root canaled because yesterday and the day before it crumbled a little bit more. I just have a gut instinct the build up would have failed. (Thank you Ms. C OB for the sound advice and encouraging support on that issue).

All in all we are chugging along over here. Hopefully it won't be too long for the bloodwork results.

No comments:

Post a Comment