Tuesday, February 19, 2008

SICK

I have been constantly sick the last 3 weeks. Morning sickness kicked in about 4 weeks ago but the last 2.5-3 weeks have been hell. I am constantly vomiting. I am able to keep fluids down pretty well but anything solid makes me puke. Last Thursday, I was up all night puking and it eventually caused my tonsils/adenoids to bleed. They were so swollen and bled for 2 days straight. Then if they were even irritated by food they oozed blood. Today migraines have set in. This is completely affecting my job as well as my ability to help Dan take care of Ian. I also sleep constantly, about 14 hours a day. Each day I am hoping it will get better but so far it's just been getting worse. Every morning I wake up with a headache and severe nausea and it takes me an hour to attempt to get out of bed because as soon as I stand up I vomit (even if I eat something). Eating something actually makes the puking easier because there's not as much acid but I can't eat something without puking it up. It's a double edged sword. I only need to contact my doc if I can't keep anything down for 24 hours, or if I get a high fever. Unless that happens, my next appointment is not until Feb 29th.

Because my last labor was so long and ended in an emergency c-section, my doc is confindant I will have to have a repeat c-section. They are also concerned for my "incompetent cervix." Last year I had to have 2 colposcopies and a LEEP procedure for severe dysplasia. My cervix was very short to begin with so this may mean a high risk pregancy. In the next 8 weeks or so I will have an ultrasound of my cervix to determine whether or not I will have to have surgery or bedrest to prevent miscarriage.

Weight gain has been zilch. I am actually down 9lbs from my pre-pregnancy weight.

2 comments:

  1. I hope you feel better soon. Were you this sick with Ian, I can't remember?

    SaraandMadeleine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw Misty, I know how you feel and I'm sorry you're going through this. That's about how sick I was the entire pregnancy with Nat, and 'til about 21 weeks this time. See if your insurance will cover a prescription for Zofran Oral Dissolving Tablets - it works wonders. I'll be thinking of you! I'm also a risk for an incompetent cervix, so I know the procedure you're talking about...I'll keep my fingers crossed that it doesn't come to that for you. Feel better kiddo!

    ReplyDelete