Thursday, February 14, 2008

Valentine's Day

Dan and I hadn't planned to do anything for Valentine's Day. We mostly see it as an overrated commercial holiday, lol. Plus, with me being very sick the last month, we don't get out of the house much anyway. Call me a homebody but I'd much prefer to be at home with the fam than dropping Ian off somewhere. Ian does get to visit family during the day, when I'm at work. Janie and Steve take him on some Mondays and my mom takes him on some Tuesdays. Then he visits with my grandparents Wednesday through Fridays (though not every single day or week), so anytime I get to spend with him, I cherish.

Anyway, to the point, this Valentine's Day has been pretty special. Danny and Ian both got me flowers and a gift certificate to the Body Spa, which in a few months I know will come in handy! Janie called Dan this morning and offered to watch Ian for a couple hours tonight so we could get out of the house and do a date night. (What's a date night? lol) So Dan said thanks and made plans for us tonight. I almost feel guilty! Usually our date nights are reserved for birthdays and our anniversary - we're definitley not the once-a-week-or-more out to dinner, drop the kids off types! So to Janie and Steve, we thank you for your offer and are very appreciative of your kindness. Thank you for thinking of us and seeing that we need a night out with adult conversation! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment