Ian passed his hearing test with flying colors. He was quick and attentive. This makes me happy. Now we know he's just doing things on his own schedule and that it's not a disability. However, I would like to get him into a toddler class that allows him social interaction with other kids. I think it would help. (I called the speech therapy place we were referred to and our health insurance does not cover this therapy). His Grammie Janie is going to help us help him learn more language skills. Back to the topic of social interaction though, I discovered that Spokane County has a Children First/Infant Toddler Network program and a Development Center that would allow him speech therapy in a setting where he is also able to play with other kids. The Children First program would also qualify him to attend Millwood School. He just needs to have a screening done first. All of this would be at no cost to us. So I called today and he will go in on May 10th for an assessment. Even if he does get accepted into the program, Janie will still be the biggest influence and best source of therapy for Ian. I am just one of those moms that tries to explore every outlet for a combination of resources. I also think it would be good for him to have more interacton with other kids.
Anyways, enough of my novel. Dan has started a new job as Billing Specialist and I am very happy for him. In his absence at the house, I am refilling my shoes as stay at home mom and wife and I am content with that. I am also grateful for the time I have with little man.
Off to clean house and do the things that moms do when their little ones are sleeping.
Oh and we have decided that we will find out baby's gender. (I knew I'd cave!). One week from today we should have a somewhat clear idea.
spaghetti aglio e olio
2 weeks ago

So, what are you having? Boy or Girl?
ReplyDelete