Monday, April 14, 2008

Oooo Wzzzzat?






Ian had his 18 month check up today. 27 lbs, 34" tall, everything looks good and healthy. He is however headed to an ENT for a hearing test next week and then off to a speech therapist for some help (motivation?) to learn to talk. His words are non existant except for "uh-oh" and "DAT!" (cat). Most often he just babbles. He does know how to communicate by pointing and using some sign language. If you ask him where the cat is, or the fish, or elephant, or some other object, he'll get all excited and either run over and pick it up or point to it.

On Wednesday, Great Grandma and Grandpa are taking him to get his pics taken!

We've also been doing some spring cleaning: the sun porch out front is cleared out and ready for rugs, a table, and maybe some hanging planters. Ian was out there this weekend watching planes go by. Dan caught a Kodak moment or two. (See above).

April 29th is the ultrasound day. We will find out if bed rest or cerclage is in the future or if I have had the fortune of prayer on my side. We just may also find out if lil #2 is a baby brother or sister.

Hyperemesis has subsided! I have an appetite! I have eaten more in the last couple days than I think I ate the last 13 weeks. I am super glad to be craving food. In the last day or so I've been feeling the wee one moving around a bit. Little flutters on the left side just below my belly button. It almost feels like a tickle. No weight gain yet either, was down another pound at my appointment last week which makes a total loss of -16 lbs since Jan 1st.

Tomorrow is our 2nd wedding anniversary. :)

And for today, Happy 30th Birthday, Autemn!

1 comment:

  1. Hey, I'll keep you in my thoughts for no bed rest OR cerclage! Ian, too - we were thinking about getting Nat's hearing tested a couple of months ago (at 15 months, I think) because he really wasn't talking at all, and then boom - all of a sudden he had a ton of words. I do tend to wonder if he may have something going on with auditory processing because of the way he pronounces some things, but the pedi assures me it's normal. Glad you're going with your gut, though! BIG yay for no more morning sickness!

    ReplyDelete