Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Ultrasound & Baby's Name

On Tuesday morning I went in for the routine 20 week ultrasound. Dan just started a new job so he didn't dare ask for the time off to go, instead, I took my mom with me. It was nice having here there, plus she'd never seen an ultrasound before. (In her day, ultrasounds were a luxury or only done when medically necessary). My ultrasound was a 3D/4D (which I'd never had before!).

I am happy to report that I do not have to worry about early miscarriage due to incompetent cervix. Also, baby is measuring perfectly to the due date. I will be having a repeat c-section sometime between Sept. 8th and the 15th. (maybe Dan's birthday?).

We had a handful of names picked out for both genders, although none of them were grabbing at us...


At the ultrasound when I found out baby #2 was a boy, (yes, a boy!) I immediately "knew" his name, but first I had to run it by Dan. Dan wanted Steven as a middle name (Ian is named after my dad, Scott), but we were having a hard time finding first names that fit.


When he got home from work and heard the news he was expecting another son, I told him I had a name. He was excited because we were having such a difficult time. I forewarned him that I felt very strongly for this name and that it was the only one that made me feel an ounce of emotion. I could imagine calling out to my son and introducing him and his name was a PERFECT FIT. When I told Dan what I wanted our son's name to be he nodded his head and smiled and said, yes. (He didn't even ask to think about it! I love him so much for that!). He agreed that the name was indeed perfect and he loved it also.

We had first thought we wouldn't tell anyone our final name choice but that was only because we wanted to be able to change our minds up to the last minute. We are so happy about this name that there isn't anything that could come along to make us change our minds.

With that being said, we are both thrilled that baby boy's name will be:

Darby Steven O'Brien

He will be named after his Uncle Darby (Dan's brother) and his Grandpa Steve (Dan's dad).

-- just for a sidenote, if he had been a girl, I had narrowed it down to Lola Jane(after my sister Tanya's middle name and after Dan's mom).

That is all for now.

3 comments:

  1. Congrats! That is exciting. Another boy to add to the brood. We are on a boy-roll in this family....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats Missy & Dan! How exciting. I love the name...it fits your family!

    Glad things are going well!

    Heather P

    ReplyDelete