Last night I lost a temporary filling in one of the teeth I had a root canal done in. So I went to the dentist this afternoon and again, they were great. It took the assistant about 60 seconds to place another one and I was on my way. No charge either. Love that office, they have been so nice to me.
Today, Dan worked day shift. After work we ran some errands and Ian picked up a new Thomas & Friends tank engine "Spencer" - he now has 4 motorized engines and miles of track - not to mention the buildings, bridges, and extra freight cars. This kid is in heaven with his Thomas collection. We went to the Spirit store to see if they have a train conductor costume (they do online but not in the store) and we found a Thomas the Train treat bucket! (Last year he used a plastic sack for candy cause mom and dad were not prepared).
Speaking of Thomas, we have also started planning his birthday party. Our original plan was to do something similar to last year's pizza party at Savage House (maybe Chuck E Cheese?) but instead we are going to take the money we would have spent on pizza and games and put it towards a Power Wheels or similar vehicle for him. We've been checking reviews for the last few months and have narrowed it down to either a Ford F-150, a John Deere or Cub Cadet lawn mower/tractor, or the Harley motorcyle. I think his party will end up being at Nana Kate's - and it will be totally Thomas themed. Last year it was the Backyardigans. I made him a 4in round cake last year and topped it with a Backyardigans candle. Today I bought the Thomas candle and will do the same sized cake again this year. He gets excited when he sees the Thomas party supplies. He even has Thomas invitations.
Sidebar: Dan's dad, Steve, is arriving from Costa Rica this evening, we are excited to see him tomorrow, as well as the rest of the family for the BBQ.
I guess that's all for now. Dan and I are spending the evening semi-relaxing. Just catching up on laundry. Right now the boys are playing with their trains :)
spaghetti aglio e olio
2 weeks ago

No comments:
Post a Comment