Monday, June 2, 2008

Birthday Bliss

First I want to thank all the well wishers for the kind comments on myspace and for the emails and cards you sent. I appreciate it!! Today is my 26th birthday. I always thought of my 20s as the "practice stage" - that no matter what happens, I can redeem myself in my 30s. I believe that when I turn 30, I will magically become a grown up - therefore if I don't have it all together by then I'm in trouble! lol. I've also said that by the time I am 30 I will be D-O-N-E having children.

Last Friday, my sister and my mom treated me to dinner and Sex & The City. It was fantastic. We haven't done a day with just the three of us in such a long time. Saturday morning, Dan took me shopping for some much needed clothing! And later that night, Steve and Janie joined us for dinner at The Melting Pot downtown. Oh my was I in heaven. There is nothing like a chunk of rich brownie dipped in warm dark chocolate. Mmmmm. Little E-man spent the evening with his great grandparents. Yesterday was a lazy day with a craving of Baskin Robbins Chocolate Milkshake (at 9:30pm).

Today, Ian and I enjoyed my annual Birthday Breakfast together and as of press time, he is sleeping soundly upstairs. I am debating following suit. I did tell Danny that under no circumstances was I going to do ANY housework today, as a bday present to myself but I do not see that bday wish materializing. The living room is strewn with books, baby shoes, toys, and bits of fruit loops. Hmmm clean or nap.....

No comments:

Post a Comment