1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Gift bag if it's being given to me, wrapping paper if I'm giving it!
2. Real tree or Artificial? Real
3. When do you put up the tree? Dan and I put it up the weekend after Thanksgiving last year and it was dead inside before Christmas
4. When do you take the tree down? A few days after Christmas but before new years
5. Do you like eggnog? absolutely not but my hubs can drink it like water
6. Favorite gift received as a child? Books
7. Hardest person to buy for? our nephew Skyler
8. Easiest person to buy for? Ian
9. Do you have a nativity scene? Yes, my MIL started us with the Willow Tree Nativity
10. Mail or email Christmas cards? Mail, it's more personal
11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? I don't recall, I don't think I've ever classified one as being the worst
12. Favorite Christmas Movie? I don't have a favorite
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? July. haha just sometimes. the majority starts on black friday
14. Ever recycled a Christmas present? Yep. O'Brien Christmas party 2007
15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas. Cheesecake
16. Lights on the tree? Yes, I LOVE the old fashioned big bulbs (that get so hot they could burn your house down)
17. Favorite Christmas song? Rockin Around the Christmas Tree
18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? Stay at home now
19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer's? Yep - and Elisabeth, lol, it's Donner
20. Angel on the tree top or a star? a macaroni angel I made when I was 5
21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? at the inlaws on christmas eve, my parents & for the kids on christmas
22. Most annoying thing about this time of the year? people taking the christ out of christmas
23. Favorite ornament theme or color? i like the old VERY breakable bulbs from my grandparents era
24. Favorite for Christmas dinner? anything as long as my grandma makes green bean casserole
25. What do you want for Christmas this year? I wish I could get a Wii and Wii Fit but that's not our priority sooooo I want a book, a journal, a wallet, a bathrobe but not all of it
26. Gifts you least like? LOTION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
spaghetti aglio e olio
2 weeks ago

So, I pretty much thought it was Donner, but I just left what the previous person (Katey) had put on her answer!
ReplyDeleteActually, it IS Donder! :)
ReplyDelete"In An American Anthology, 1787–1900, Edmund Clarence Stedman reprints the 1844 Clement Clarke Moore version of the poem, including the German spelling of "Donder and Blitzen," rather than the original 1823 version using the Dutch spelling, "Dunder and Blixem." [3] Both phrases translate as "Thunder and Lightning" in English, though German for thunder is now spelled Donner"
ReplyDeleteI guess everyone is right!